Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
8 Lifting Techniques: Chiropractic Professionals Of Columbia
At the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia we have 8 lifting techniques to help you avoid Painful Back Injuries. These are Simple to Follow, and Very Effective. -Dr. Benson
8 lifting techniques to help you avoid Back Injuries:
1. Most Important to make sure, you have a place to put the Heavy object you have lifted. Do not try to figure this out while holding the object. Position your body close to and in front of the object. Your feet should be flat on the floor and about a shoulder-width apart.
2. If you need to turn during the lift, use your feet to pivot. Keep your elbows bent while carrying an object.
3. Let your leg muscles do all the lifting and not those in your back. Your Back muscles should be the ones providing the power during your motion to stand erect.
4. Keep the weight as close to your body as possible. This will maximize the use of your arms, and shoulders, muscles. A great rule to Remember is the further an object is from your center of gravity, the more force that is required to hold that object up.
5. Keep your chest forward and bend at your hips (not the lower back) or your knees, depending on how far down the items is that you want to lift. Keep your shoulders in line with your hips. Try to avoid twisting motions at all cost.
6. When lifting, push your chest out. Once Again, Avoid twisting or turning during the lift.
7. Lead with your hips, not your shoulders, keeping your shoulders in line with your hips and your Back Straight. If you need to change direction, move your hips first. This way, your shoulders will move in unison with your hips. If you move your shoulders before your hips, this will make it easier for your body to twist during the lift, leading to possible strains and other injuries to your Back and Pelvis.
8. The Golden Rule is to not lift an object that is obviously too heavy. Test the weight of the object by pushing it with your foot. If it is very difficult or impossible to push with your foot, it is likely that the object is more than your muscles can handle. Remember be Safe!
If your in need of a Chiropractor Choose the Chiropractor's with Years of Experience. You will be glad you did! We are just a Phone Call Away. 803-888-6221.
We use the the Latest and Safest Chiropractic Techniques used Today. We have over 18 Years worth of Chiropractic Experience working with Patients with the Gentlest Techniques Possible. We are Full Spine Adjusting Chiropractors. We find and Locate Your Vertebral Subluxations and Yes, we Fix That!
If you have Pain let us at the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia Check your Spine. We know what we are doing, and We have the Skills, and the Know how, to get it done! If your Spine is out of Alignment we can Fix That.
Chiropractic is a Non-invasive, Conservative Treatment option for Back Pain. Get your Spine Checked! We are Your Board Certified Chiropractic Physicians of Columbia S.C. Remember Great Chiropractic Care, will Make's a World of Difference in Your Family's Healthcare.
The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia have been Helping patients for over 18 years. We have Years of Experience, and Have the Latest and Greatest Rehab Facilities. We Would love the Opportunity to be your Family's Chiropractors. We can See you Today! Don't Wait, Just Call 803-888-6221 or Visit us on the Web at www.MyChiroPros.com
We offer Quality and Personal Chiropractic Care For Columbia, Cotton Town, Lexington, Cayce, Irmo, Forest Acres, Chapin, West Columbia, Downtown, and all the Surrounding Area's of South Carolina. No Contracts, No Long Term Treatments Plans, Just Great Affordable Chiropractic Care.
Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia: Chiropractor in Columbia S.C.
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201