Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
Did you know Aches and Pains in your Neck or Back could be caused by Spondylosis, a condition that occurs after years of wear and tear on your spine. Although popping a few drugs can decrease your symptoms, the relief is always only temporary. Chiropractic treatment at the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia eases your pain naturally and offers longer-lasting relief of pain symptoms.
Spondylosis, commonly called arthritis of the spine, occurs due to several age-related changes in your spine. Thirty-three bony vertebrae support your body, making it possible to stand, bend and lift heavy objects. Small fluid-filled discs located between vertebrae absorb shock, cushion the joints and help the spine maintain its structural integrity.
As you age, the discs begin to dehydrate and shrink. As a result, they can't absorb shock quite as well as they could when you were younger. Your disks begin to gradually change around age 40, although you may not notice any differences for years.
The dehydration process can cause cracks or tears in the outer layer of disks, increasing your risk of herniated disks. Herniations happen when the soft, gel-like center of the disc protrudes and presses on spinal nerves, causing pain.
The space between the vertebrae gradually narrows as the discs flatten due to dehydration. When this occurs, painful bone spurs may form at the ends of vertebrae.
Age-related changes can also wear away the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of the vertebrae and stiffens the ligaments that hold the vertebrae together, resulting in pain and stiffness when you bend and move.
Experienced Chiropractic treatment from the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia can help relieve pain, improve your range of motion, and reduce pressure on your spinal nerves. After performing an examination and conducting a few diagnostic tests, the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia may recommend one or more of these Chiropractic treatments:
- Spinal Adjustments: The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia uses quick, hands-on pressure to realign your vertebrae. Spinal Adjustments improve range of motion in your Neck and Back, decrease pain and make it easier to move the muscles in your neck and back. After an adjustment, you'll notice less pain and stiffness.
- Spinal Mobilization: Spinal mobilization stretches the spine and decreases tension in the muscles between your vertebrae with slow, gentle movements.
- Flexion-Distraction: Flexion-distraction is performed on a Flexion-Distraction table. The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia slowly Adjusts your spine, the table moves beneath you, decompressing and stretching your vertebrae. Flexion-distraction improves mobility, decreases pressure on nerves and discs, reduces bulging of disks, and eases pain and stiffness.
- Chiropractic Medical Massage: Spinal alignment issues can cause painful stiffening in the muscles of your back and neck. Chiropractic Medical Massages relaxes these muscles and improves blood flow to the area, facilitating recovery.
- Intersegmental Traction:Traction treatments gently pull and decompress your vertebrae, relieving pain and stiffness and decreasing pressure on your nerves. The therapy is performed on a Intersegmental Traction Table.
- Other Therapies we offer: Depending on your diagnosis, the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia may also suggest ultrasound therapy, cold and heat therapy, electrical nerve stimulation treatment, trigger point therapy or laser therapy.
If you're in need of a Experienced Chiropractor in Columbia South Carolina, Choose the Chiropractor's with Years of Experience. You will be glad you did! We are just a Phone Call Away. 803-888-6221. You have Nothing to lose but your Pain!
We use the the Latest and Safest Chiropractic Techniques used Today. We have over 18 Years worth of Chiropractic Experience working with Patients with the Gentlest Techniques Possible. We are Full Spine Adjusting Chiropractors. We find and Locate Your Vertebral Subluxations and Yes, we Fix That!
If you have Pain let us at the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia Check your Spine. We know what we are doing, and We have the Skills, and the Know how, to get it done! If your Spine is out of Alignment we can Fix That.
Chiropractic is a Non-invasive, Conservative Treatment option for Back Pain. Get your Spine Checked! We are Your Board Certified Chiropractic Physicians of Columbia S.C. Remember Great Chiropractic Care, will Make's a World of Difference in Your Family's Healthcare.
The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia have been Helping patients for over 18 years. We have Years of Experience, and Have the Latest and Greatest Rehab Facilities. We Would love the Opportunity to be your Family's Chiropractors. We can See you Today! Don't Wait, Just Call 803-888-6221 or Visit us on the Web at www.MyChiroPros.com
We offer Quality and Personal Chiropractic Care For Columbia, Cotton Town, Lexington, Cayce, Irmo, Forest Acres, Chapin, West Columbia, Downtown, and all the Surrounding Area's of South Carolina. No Contracts, No Long Term Treatments Plans, Just Great Affordable Chiropractic Care. Click Here and Make an appointment Today!
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201