Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
8 Signs of Serious Whiplash Injury after a Car Accident: Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia
Don't Wait! The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia SC are Here to Help! Did you know that approximately 2/3rd's of people in Car Accidents develop symptoms of whiplash? Whiplash also known as Neck Sprain or Strain occurs when the head jerks forward or backwards Suddenly, It is very common occurrence in Car Accidents. When this happens, the Tendons, Ligaments, and Muscles in the Neck Can Stretch or Even Tear. Disks, Blood Vessels, and Nerves can also be Damaged causing Pain into Your Shoulder, and Arms. Injury can take anywhere from instant to 48 hours for whiplash symptoms to develop.
8 Whiplash Signs and Symptoms may include:
- Neck pain that can radiate into the shoulders, arms, upper back and upper chest
- Tingling that can start in the neck and go down the back and arms
- Neck stiffness and reduction in range of motion
- Headaches; especially at the base of the skull
- Difficulty swallowing
- Blurred vision
This is Very Important to Know is that most Whiplash Symptoms may resolve quickly, but others can last for years. As many as 85% of people who incur a whiplash injury still have symptoms 3 years after the accident Most people have a Straightening or Reversal of their Cervical Curvature which can ultimately lead to Disk Degeneration with Constant Chronic Pain.
If you go to an Emergency Room or Medical Doctor for the Treatment of Whiplash, you will likely be prescribed rest, pain medication, ice packs, and a soft cervical collar. After the first 24-48 hours, treatment may change to alternating ice packs with heat packs, physical therapy and deep tissue massage. What We do at the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia Is Different.
Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia care includes:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: By performing Gentle Spinal Adjustments Chiropractors can move the joints in the area of injury to encourage Mobility and Healing. This helps to eliminate pain, soreness, and stiffness as well.
- Muscular Rehab and Stimulation: Gentle stretches and finger pressure to the affected muscles relieve tension and pain. High frequency electrical stimulation of the muscles may also be applied to reduce inflammation, alleviate pain, and help speed up healing.
- Ultrasound: Sometimes ultrasound is used to send sound waves deep into muscle tissue. This serves to increase circulation and Decrease Muscle Spasms, Stiffness, and Pain.
- Rehab Exercises: Specific Rehab exercises are taught to Reduce Disc Derangement, Improve Flexibility, and Restore Mobility.
Most whiplash case are different, the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia will decide what Corrective methods of healing are Best for you.
The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia are dedicated to the Proper Diagnosis and Treatment of Whiplash and other Injuries Sustained from Car Accidents.
So, if you’re in a car accident and have any of the symptoms of whiplash, or if you were in an accident years ago and have chronic whiplash symptoms, come to our office at soon as Possible. Don't Risk it get Checked Today!
If your in need of a Experienced Chiropractor in Columbia South Carolina, Choose the Chiropractor's with Years of Experience. You will be glad you did! We are just a Phone Call Away. 803-888-6221. You have Nothing to lose but your Pain!
We use the the Latest and Safest Chiropractic Techniques used Today. We have over 18 Years worth of Chiropractic Experience working with Patients with the Gentlest Techniques Possible. We are Full Spine Adjusting Chiropractors. We find and Locate Your Vertebral Subluxations and Yes, we Fix That!
If you have Pain let us at the Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia Check your Spine. We know what we are doing, and We have the Skills, and the Know how, to get it done! If your Spine is out of Alignment we can Fix That.
Chiropractic is a Non-invasive, Conservative Treatment option for Back Pain. Get your Spine Checked! We are Your Board Certified Chiropractic Physicians of Columbia S.C. Remember Great Chiropractic Care, will Make's a World of Difference in Your Family's Healthcare.
The Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia have been Helping patients for over 18 years. We have Years of Experience, and Have the Latest and Greatest Rehab Facilities. We Would love the Opportunity to be your Family's Chiropractors. We can See you Today! Don't Wait, Just Call 803-888-6221 or Visit us on the Web at www.MyChiroPros.com
We offer Quality and Personal Chiropractic Care For Columbia, Cotton Town, Lexington, Cayce, Irmo, Forest Acres, Chapin, West Columbia, Downtown, and all the Surrounding Area's of South Carolina. No Contracts, No Long Term Treatments Plans, Just Great Affordable Chiropractic Care. Click Here and Make an appointment Today!
Chiropractic Professionals of Columbia: Chiropractor in Columbia S.C.
1301 Elmwood Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201